Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tadaima ! Home in Mito

I've just completed my second week in Mito working at Amity and I couldn't happier for the weekend. During the week, the work at Amity is pretty tough and happens during some pretty rough hours, so I rarely get to see and do everything I want around town. My first impressions of the apartment were very good. I think the place is very nice and came supplied with just about everything I could have wanted, except for a dryer of course. They also delivered me a brand new futon set with bedding, pillows, and a super heavy comforter. It's a little firm but I sleep well and the super thick comforter is something I should have gotten a long time ago. The bedding, well, it's a little questionable....


I suppose it is worth mentioning that the apartment is lacking a coffee pot. Most people drink nothing but instant coffee here or get it from the vending machines that are on every street corner. Often when you buy drip coffee they are in pre-packaged boxes that make 2-4 cups maximum, so I think that might be one of the most difficult things to get used to in this country.

I'll go into more info on the job later, but here is a link to my amity's webpage. I have a little introduction blurb about three or four notches down. The guy teaching in the first picture is Kevin, the teacher I replaced. The age he's teaching now takes up about 3-4 hours of my day usually, and depending on how good the kids are they can be super fun or hard to wake up for.
http://www.amity.co.jp/school/hiroba/0814.html

Here is me and the Japanese teachers at my school at an Izakaya (sp?) for Kevin's going away. The place was a traditional Japanese pub mixed with private style Karaoke. from left to right is me, my manager, Kevin, Yuki, Rieko, Tomoe, Miyuki, and Takako. Notice all the different crazy food sitting around.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment